Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shaking Things Up

Thanks to the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls for going into overtime.

Bulls Beat Celtics 105-103 in OT

Since I didn't want to leave the gym in medias overtime, I re-upped for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Overtime was good for me in more ways than one. Prior to going to the fitness club, I went to work for a few hours to catch up on some tasks and there was yet another task with an imminent deadline waiting for me. Ninety minutes on the treadmill will do wonders for work-related angst.

I've also been feeling the need to shake things up. Really, I can't expect different fitness results if I work out for the same 60 minutes even if I choose different machines.

I tuned in to see the Pistons play the Cavaliers. The Cavs did not run roughshod over the Pistons as folks had imagined. The broadcasters were teasing Mo Williams because his pre-game anthem is Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight. They thought his selection would be a little more hardcore but I can see how these words would inspire focus and determination:

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
Ive been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord
I'm sitting on my fitness ball -- something that I haven't done in awhile. I signed up for a thirty day challenge at About.com several months ago. One of my active challenges was to sit on a fitness ball which I used to do frequently in order to strengthen the ol' core. Methinks it's time to revert to some of the things that I used to do: army crawls, push-ups and planks. It's time to turn the automatic pilot off.

No comments:

Post a Comment