Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back-to-Back Decadence


I made this pizza yesterday although I'm wary of pizza now. I topped a Boboli whole wheat crust with Roma tomatoes, shallots, yellow peppers, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, basil and parmesan cheese. It was a very satisfying pie.

Since I had leftover mozzarella, I decided to make Pasta with Carmelized Onion Trio, Arugula and Mozzarella which I have not made in ages and now I know why I haven't made it in awhile. So much chopping, so little time.

I used almond milk instead of heavy cream, raisins instead of currants and wheat linguine instead of regular. Ha, I should have purchased some frozen, chopped onions.






It's a good thing that I went to the gym today because I'm not feeling right about my back-to-back dinner choices.

I wanted to save my arms so I decided on the StairMaster which I wanted to stay on for 25 minutes without pausing. I heard Jim, my swimming teacher, in my ear: I want you to strive... and I strove while climbing 74 floors. Then, I headed to a treadmill for thirty minutes and finished off on the Arc Trainer without using the handles. I wanted to stay at the gym but the store and the Pasta with Carmelized Onion Trio, Arugula and Mozzarella were beckoning.

Pasta Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment