Saturday, April 4, 2009

Forest Park Unplugged

Since I was awakened early and my arms still smart a bit, I headed to Forest Park instead of the usual Saturday sojourn to the pool. As soon as I stepped out of my car, I realized that I had left my MP3 player at home. I felt bare and disappointed but I was not going to turn around and go home just to get my tunes.

My walk sans music was like going to a retreat where there are no televisions or radios. It was good, though, because I was able to think through a few things without the regular distractions.

About three miles into my walk, I came upon a group of friends and one of them was down on the ground. I hoped and felt like he would be okay but I also thought about the pretty penny that he would have to pay for the ambulance.

I finished my 6.2 mile trek and I definitely enjoyed the view along the way.













No comments:

Post a Comment