Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Teaser

I got pulled in by another Oprah teaser. Contestants from The Biggest Loser were on the show on Wednesday. I didn’t know that it was a rerun but, as the library likes to say about books, if you haven’t read it, it’s still new.

The contestants were from season five when Ali Vincent emerged as the winner.

Several season five contestants were on the show to display their new bodies. Oprah brought up the amount of exercise the contestants are asked to endure and wondered if six hours a day was an attainable goal for most people. Jillian said that they don’t advocate six hours in real life but want to show what people are of capable of and, if the contestants are able to exercise for five hours a day, she thinks that people can exercise for five hours a week.

Oprah also asked if the contestants would gain weight once at home due to the reduction in exercise but Jillian said that the contestants would just need to break even since they would be moving into maintenance mode and would not need to make such a massive calorie deficit.

I do wonder how the contestants withstand all of that exercising, though, since I tend to exercise for an hour a day and I can feel the soreness, especially in the lower half of my body. Today, whenever I planted my feet, I felt it keenly in my thighs. My hips are sore too.

Pictures were shown of Jillian's plump years. In her teens, her heaviest weight was 170 and she’s 5’1.

I was thinking that I would love to be 170 right about now.

Vincent said that when she started gaining weight, she remembered her very first five pounds and the additional pounds as she continued to gain.

The irony for me is that I never used to weigh myself and, now, I do it all the time – way more than I should. I weigh myself so much that when there are normal fluctuations in my weight, I get crushed.

I liked Bob's advice. He said not to wait until Jan. 1st or your birthday or for Monday; start today on your journey toward well-being. And that's timeless counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment