Saturday, May 9, 2009

'Drea's Zen Garden

I tried to take care of a patch of fence weeds today. First, I went out there with a Black and Decker trimmer but I was afraid that it might get broken because the weeds were tree-like. Next, I went after the clippers and, let me tell you, it was a frustrating experience. I decided to just go at the weeds one section at a time and, before I knew it, I had almost reached enlightenment.

Whenever I'm tidying the yard, I wonder about the cyclical aspect of grass, leaves and snow. In the end, I felt like I had my own zen sand garden. If nothing else, my arms got quite the workout.

To satisfy my basketball jones, I headed to the gym around 4:00 p.m. to watch the Mavericks vs. the Nuggets. This dunk by Dahntay Jones over Eric Dampier was exciting:



Or, you can look at it from this perspective:

I stayed on the treadmill for 65 minutes then I jumped on the AMT for 40. I thought about staying longer because, as you can see, the game was an exciting one but I nixed the idea and headed off to do some errands.

I stayed until the third quarter and I found out that the end of the game was a thriller:



And speaking of the NBA, a lot of players have gone wild with the tattoos.



I wish that I could have found a good picture of Kenyon Martin who is plastered with tatts. He even has a red lipstick marks tattoo on his neck. I do like the tattoo of the child that's on his arm which has a flesh of my flesh caption.

K-Mart got assessed a $25,000 dollar penalty for a flagrant foul in game two against the Mavericks. For a moment, I thought about all the things that I could do with that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment