Monday, May 11, 2009

Jones On The Horizon

As I was heading toward the door of The Wreck Center, I saw this woman that works there but we've never exchanged a word. I tried to make eye contact with her and she finally looked over her shoulder and said, What would you say if I told you that the pool was closed? Ah man is my instant response. I started to calculate my options when she said just kidding.

I can't believe she wanted to punk me on our first communiqué.

I barely managed to squeak out 21 laps today. First, there was a slight pinch in my back and I hardly ever have back issues. Then the pinch moved to my rib area which made swimming laborious for awhile. I stretched on the pool wall and just kept plodding away and, finally, I felt like myself. So, here's some appreciation for all of those days when I am without pain or discomfort.

Before I went swimming, I stopped by Jay International to score some basil. What a bargain!



The basil was used to make Garlic & Basil Beans.

I love the smell of basil and the taste is even better.

I was going to try a new chicken recipe, Chicken with Jerk Sauce and Cool Pineapple Salsa, but when I went to Trader Joe's, I saw some precooked marinated chicken breasts which I got instead; they were quite yummy and I can see a jones on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment