Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Disclosure #1

If I'm listening to my MP3 player and Sizzla's I'm With The Girls comes on, I start marching. Military riddim is perfect for this kind of exercise. The song is almost three minutes long and I consider the marching small but meaningful exercise. The post-marching boost to my mood and goofiness that ensues is a plus.

The marching inspiration comes from the 1-Mile Breakdown, a handout that a nurse practitioner gave to my mother.

1-Mile Breakdown

Put on fast music and keep a brisk tempo to this routine:

  • 2 minutes of marching in place or walking


  • 3 minutes of side stepping


  • 1 minute of marching in place or walking


  • 3 minutes of knee lifts


  • 1 minute of marching in place or walking


  • 3 minutes of kicks


  • 2 minutes of marching or walking in place
  • Total time: 15 minutes

    Total distance walked: 1 mile


    By the way, the knee lifts are no joke.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment