Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tip-Off

Gym time coincided with the 8:00 p.m. tip-off of game two between the Nuggets and the Lakers.

The Nuggets blew a golden opportunity on Tuesday to go up 1-0 on the Lakers and they were looking pretty outmatched in the first half of today's game.

After splitting time on the AMT and Treadmill, I headed home at half-time and was looking for news of the game. Most sites are stingy with updates but I looked around anyway and landed on ESPN where I discovered NBA Gamecast which streams in stats in real time. There's even a basketball that's launched towards the goal. It fits perfectly in the hoop if there's a made shot. I also like the way the stats are highlighted by the team's color. Once the game was over, Gamecast unceremoniously announced end game and put the win in the Nuggets' column.

Gamecast was a good way to keep up with the series. For some reason, I also appreciated the inaudibility of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment