Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CCPS Jones

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas in June. On Tuesday, one of my work cronies, Julie, left a mint plant on my desk. Julie's been nice enough to bring me batches of mint from her garden. Her mint has huge leaves and a wonderful aroma.


Yesterday Kelly, another buddy, brought me some mint. Kelly's mint smelled like Wrigley's Spearmint gum and she mentioned that it might actually be chocolate mint.


I had no idea that there was such a huge variety of mint. I was telling yet another co-worker, Karen, about this lemon situation in my backyard and she said that it was probably mint. That's when Karen hipped me to the fact that there is lemon mint and chocolate mint etc. etc.

Now, I don't know if Kelly's mint is chocolate mint but it smells and tastes divine; biting into makes your mouth come alive.

Awhile back, a fourth co-worker, Asmira, also potted some mint for me.


I have to report that it did not make it which wasn't too devastating seeing that it had no fragrance which is half the mint experience for me.

Today, one of my aunts gave me five boxes of Bogdon's chocolate-covered peppermint sticks (CCPS).


See, I got her addicted towards the end of last year but she got tired of Bogdon's and I inherited the sticks. I wish that my cravings petered out so fast.

It's funny that Kelly should bring me the mint because she is responsible for my chocolate-covered peppermint jones. Several years ago, she had a holiday get-together and she had these reception sticks that came from Trader Joe's. Of course, I immediately found my way to Trader Joe's to get my own stash. The reception sticks were seasonal and, because I had a jones for CCPS, Trader Joe's stopped selling them. I did not see this as a huge problem; I just went searching.

Eventually, I found some at the Walmart in O'Fallon, IL. Because I did not want to cross the river too often, I always got several 8.5 oz containers. Eventually, WalMart stopped selling the CCPS. I found other CCPS but none with the four pieces for 70 calories stat.

Eventually, I started seeing the CCPS at Big Lots and that's where I've been getting my supply ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment