Friday, June 19, 2009

Thanks For The Croissants But

I was cleaning out my Outlook at work since, with current, sent and deleted items, I had some 8,000 e-mails. I came across this e-mail that I sent to a crony in response to some goodies that she had brought to work:

Oh Kathy,

Thank you for the croissant but I think I forgot to tell you that I’m trying to be a very good girl these days.

I’ve actually given up a lot of things or I’ve either made substitutions. Now, I eat chocolate-covered peppermint sticks instead of chocolate bars. With watching what I eat and exercising, I’ve lost 31 pounds. I know it’s hard to believe because I’m still chunky. :)
Speaking of croissants, another work crony gave me this quintuplet of buttery, flaky treats in September 2007 as a part of a birthday gift. I treated them the way an overextended person treats their credit cards; I put them on ice.


The question is -- why in the world do I still have them?

Back Down Memory Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment