Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Last One To Leave

I know why I go to the gym immediately after work. Since The Wreck Center has changed its open swim times, I decided to go to afternoon swim at Mehlville's pool.

I came home, got out of my work clothes, ate dinner and threw a load of clothes in the washer. I was rather relaxed and felt like I had already done something and I certainly wasn't feeling like exercising at the point but I pushed on. I got in my gear and headed for the pool.

Apparently, quite a few people had the same idea. When I got to Mehlville at 7:30 p.m., at least 25 other people were there as well. I ended up sharing a lane with two people. Then, a father wanted to show his son how to dive off of the platform in our lane. The lifeguard finally told him that he could not do that while people were swimming laps. I was the first one in my lane and I was the last one to leave because, you know, a girl likes to get in her laps. With the sharing and diving etc., I only got in 18 laps but I was satisfied considering the circumstances.

I saw this article in the New York Times. I really did not want to read it but felt like I should be informed.

In Some Swimming Pools, a Nasty Intestinal Parasite

No comments:

Post a Comment