Thursday, August 6, 2009

Latest Strategy

One of my colleagues peeped into my office and asked if I had changed anything about my diet. Not really I told her. I recently dropped veggie chips but that was about it.

This colleague is the one who gave me Skinny Bitch to read and, although she looks quite petite to me, she still wants to drop more weight. Later, when I saw her by the shredder, I told her that I was trying to stay on top of the water and that I exercise like a maniac. In turn, she told me that she hardly drinks water or exercises.

Forty ounces of water is a good day for me. I know that most experts recommend more but I'm satisfied if I can get down that much. My latest strategy is to eat oatmeal with a banana before I leave for work. Once at work, I drink at least 16 ounces of water before I touch my morning snacks which usually consist of Dannon All Natural yogurt and fruit (watermelon or apple or kiwi et al.). It used to be a labor to get down two cups of water but, now, it's become easier.

My cousin just hooked up with a personal trainer and he recommends that she drink 96 ounces of water a day. I told her that I'm sure that she'll lose weight that way because there won't be room for anything else in her stomach drinking that much water.

I think that I should have also told my colleague that I'm still not eating fried foods, I seldom eat out and I keep track of what I eat. In addition, if I have Annie Chun's Peanut Sesame Chow Mein Noodles And Sauce for dinner, I don't go near the peanut or almond butter in the same day.

And, by maniacal, I mean that I exercise six out of seven days and usually for an hour and I don't use my exercise session as a reason to overindulge -- even if I participate in a half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment