Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Lists

I was chuckling at my list of lists that I have on my door. I created the lists so I don't forget any crucial workout paraphernalia. I even double-check it once I have my bag packed. I need to put my extra pair of tennis shoes in the car as well. On Tuesday, I went to open swim at Mehlville which didn't start until 7:30 p.m. I knew the marching band was not a good sign and, sure enough, when I went to the pool house, there was a sign saying that the pool was closed for a week even though I hadn't seen any previous announcements of the kind.

I could have gone to a branch of my gym about two miles from the pool. I didn't have on ideal workout clothes but I could have made it work except for my shoes because I only had flip-flops. I was so disappointed that night and ended up forgoing exercise. My newest list is the bicycling one and it will be longer soon.

Bicycling List

  • Bike (duh)

  • Emergency Poncho

  • Fruit

  • Gatorade

  • Helmet

  • MP3 Player

  • Pepper Spray

  • Sunglasses

  • Water


  • Swimming List

  • Contact Case

  • Contact Solution

  • Counter

  • Flip Flops

  • Glasses

  • Goggles

  • $ -- If Necessary

  • Pre-Workout Snack

  • Plastic Bag

  • Soap

  • Sunblock Lotion

  • Swimming Earrings

  • Swimming Suit

  • Towel

  • Undergarments

  • Water


  • Workout List

  • Lock

  • Lotion

  • Magnetic Gym Card

  • $ -- If Necessary

  • MP3 Player

  • Nikes or New Balance

  • Pre-Workout Snack

  • Socks

  • Water

  • Workout Bottom, Top & Towel
  • Sunblock is a new addition to my list. I didn't wear it before because I was a little cavalier about the pigment quotient. I thought I had enough pigment to protect me until I read Health magazine. This woman held the same belief that I did and ended up with skin cancer and that's the reason that sunblock is now on the list.

    I went to the pool today. Whenever I see post-swimming droplets, it makes me think of the St. Louis Blues' advertisement: Do you bleed blue?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment