Friday, August 7, 2009

Retro Exertion

The reason I retro walk and retro pedal on the elliptical and adaptive motion trainers -- to use different muscles.

I saw some women in the park kicking tennis balls and I think that I'll try that at some point, just to do something different.

Just read a solid article,Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin, in Time.

The author says that people tend to overeat after exercise and indulge in stuff like Gatorade which made me think about my bicycle ride on Sunday. I was actually thinking how nice and sweet my fruit punch Gatorade tasted and that I need to cease and desist and just drink plain old water. Was I bicycling enough, at 18 miles, to justify my consumption of Gatorade? I had water as well but did I really need to switch back and forth between the two?

The Time author infers that we all need to move more. I agree wholeheartedly and I always appreciate a good reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment