Monday, August 3, 2009

Tip, #2

I've wanted to go outdoor swimming for quite awhile now. While the Pacific Northwest has been having unseasonably warm weather, it's been the opposite in the Midwest.

Accuweather was promising 91 degrees for today but it was still rather cool around 1:30 p.m. When I left work, though, it was nice and warm. The times they are a-changin' because I never thought I'd hope for heat.

Now, here's the tip.

Do not assume that an entire pool has warmed up just because it's over 90 degrees.

I went to the Kennedy Recreation Center. Actually, I flew out to the Kennedy Rec Center to get in an hour of swimming. Just call me 'Drea Andretti.

Are you here for lap swimming?, the lad at the desk wanted to know. She quickly informed me that lap swimming was no more and that the pool will be closing mid-August. Unbelievable. It seems like the pools just opened.

I changed quickly and headed out to the pool area. When I stepped in the water, it was so cold. I just sucked it up and immersed myself in the water because I have been waiting for this day. As Anita Baker would say: Been So Long.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment