Thursday, August 27, 2009

If I Were Still Addicted To Cupcakes

Cupcake fans can find lots to love in New York City provided quite the chuckle.

I used to be such a cupcake fan and I enjoyed a good McArthur's Bakery cupcake because they reminded me of a Hostess cupcake with cream in the middle.

Once upon a time when I was in high school, I used to put Colby cheese on top of a Hostess cupcake which is somewhere in the neighborhood of battering a Mars bar and frying it. I believe that I was mimicking my grandmother with having the cheese on top of the little brown delight.

The cupcake article, in and of itself, was not particularly funny but I had to laugh, yes, out loud when I read about the CupcakeStop -- a truck that sells cupcakes and has no fixed location. You can find the location of the truck by following the company on Twitter. For some reason, I find the idea of a cupcake truck hilarious and I know that, if I were still addicted to cupcakes and in New York, I would be looking for the CupcakeStop which has 7,100 followers on Twitter. Here's a sample tweet:

Parked on 5th between 22nd and 23rd. The new Cream Cheese Brownie cupcake is unreal!
about 12 hours ago from TwitterBerry


While I'm avoiding cupcakes, remind me to avoid the Eurochocolate Perugia festival too. I would definitely find myself in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment